We are very pleased to announce the publication of our Sustainability Report 2015 today, covering the challenges and achievements of the Company in pursuing sustainability throughout our daily operations from January 1 to December 31, 2015, with our sustainability vision applied in five major areas, namely governance, sustainable buildings, green operations, employer of choice, and community integration.
Highlights of our sustainability achievements in 2015:
- Launched the new Enterprise Risk Management Framework to identify and mitigate risks more effectively.
- Established a dedicated sustainability unit to coordinate internal sustainability efforts.
- Delivered over 1,900 training hours under the Integrity Program.
- Continued to benchmark the sustainability performance of new and existing buildings against international and local standards such as LEED and BEAM Plus.
- Achieved an 18% (14% in 2014) reduction in electricity intensity at properties in Hong Kong and mainland China against the 2010 baseline, surpassing the target of 10% by 2015.
- Completed energy audits for 21 properties in Hong Kong.
- Replaced the conventional chillers with water-cooled chillers at 13 properties in Hong Kong, cumulatively reducing electricity consumption by 71 million kWh, equivalent to HK$90.8 million.
Employer of Choice
- Increased the total number of training hours for employees by 25% to 86,633 hours in 2015, equivalent to 18 training hours per employee.
- Increased the availability of tailor-made training programs to 64% based on individual training needs analyses, covering issues related to customer service, integrity and language.
- Doubled the number of employee volunteer service hours in 2015 to over 14,000 compared with 2013, equivalent to nearly three volunteer service hours per full-time employee.
- Provided over 100 hours of training to site supervisors to strengthen the health and safety management system at construction sites.
For the third consecutive year, our Sustainability Report is written in accordance with the core option of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines and early adopts the revised Environmental, Social and Governance Reporting Guide (ESG Guide) contained in Appendix 27 of the Rules Governing the Listing of Securities on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. The Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency has provided an independent verification of the information included in this report.
The Sustainability Report 2015 is now available for download from the Hang Lung corporate website: