Senior Manager – Directors’ Office
Reporting to one of the Executive Directors, you will be responsible for undertaking various projects, which may include but not be limited to the following:
- Handling copywriting, translation, and editing of materials for various projects; formulating effective communications strategies and maintaining a vibrant social media presence for these projects.
- Planning and organizing events, such as large-scale international conferences (in-person and virtual), competitions, concerts and dinner receptions.
- Keeping abreast of world affairs and conducting research and analyzing data on geo-political trends, statistics, economics, politics, and culture.
- Providing the Executive Director with key information for his business and non-profit activities, as well as speaking engagements.
- Fostering and maintaining good relationships with for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, both international and local.
This is a hands-on role from conceptualization to implementation, requiring you to work closely with the Executive Director, as well as internal and external parties.
The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, international relation or related disciplines from a leading university.
- A solid track record of at least eight years in journalism, communications, research, events management and/or related fields.
- Excellent creative writing, editing and communication skills, with native fluency in English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese).
- An in-depth knowledge in international current affairs; having been educated or having worked on the Mainland or overseas would be an advantage.
- A team player as well as a self-starter who is innovative, detail oriented, organized, and assertive.
- An ability to deliver under a fast-paced environment that requires strong management, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information.
- Above all, unquestionable personal and professional integrity.
- Strong candidates with less experience would be considered for “Manager – Directors’ Office” position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and be used solely for recruitment purposes within the Hang Lung Group of companies. Applicants who do not hear from us within 8 weeks from the date of application may consider their applications unsuccessful and their information will be destroyed within 12 months of receipt.