We aim to promote sustainability practices in all types of business transactions at all stages of our value chain: the materials we procure, the contractors we engage, our sources and uses of capital, and forms of collaboration with our tenants and customers through partnerships and contractual obligation. We will make our own efforts as well as work through relevant information platforms, associations and like-minded organizations to advance this agenda.
Collaborate with all suppliers and customers to advance our sustainability priorities.
- Implement supplier evaluation and ranking system
- Engage all tenants on emissions reduction, resource management, and wellbeing enhancement
25 x 25 Sustainability Targets
- Embrace technology to build a robust digital platform for assessing suppliers’ ESG performance
- 100% of marketing events evaluated for their sustainability impacts
- 100% of leases incorporate sustainability provisions
- 50% of total debts and available facilities from sustainable finance
- 100% of potential asset acquisitions include ESG due diligence
Sustainable Supply Chain Management
We adopted multiple approaches to embed sustainability into the upstream of our supply chain:
- Our Sustainable Procurement Policy for Goods and Services is in place to encourage our employees, suppliers and contractors in Hong Kong to source environmentally responsible materials, adopt simple packaging and recycle waste;
- Our suppliers and contractors are required to abide by our Code of Conduct for Contractors, which stipulates our sustainability principles and minimum requirements;
- We appoint designated safety consultants as independent parties to monitor the safety performance of our contractors at key projects in mainland China.
Hang Lung Group Sustainable Finance Framework (the "SFF") has been developed to update and supersede Hang Lung Properties’ 2019 Green Finance Framework. The update extends the coverage of the SFF to the wider Group and broadens the scope of eligible investments to include social projects. It demonstrates how the Group intends to enter into Sustainable Financing Transactions to fund projects that will deliver environmental and/or social benefits to support the business strategy and vision.
A Second-Party Opinion was obtained for the Framework from Sustainalytics, an independent environmental, social and governance research, ratings and analysis firm.