We aim to sustain a healthy, inclusive and safe environment for our employees and customers as well as promote wellbeing in our communities. Wellbeing is a broad concept which includes not only health and safety but also other positive attributes such as a sense of belonging, sense of security, adequate nourishment, peace of mind, feeling connected to the natural world, etc. We will strive to improve the wellbeing of our employees, customers and community members with careful attention to established and emerging international best practices in this domain.
Ensure employees, customers and communities enjoy an unrivalled environment that promotes their health and wellbeing.
- Assess wellbeing for all employees and key customers
- Meet or exceed wellbeing standards for new properties
- Work with youth on sustainability solutions in all cities where we have assets
Recognizing that employee wellbeing can influence business performance significantly, we invest considerable resources to build a positive corporate culture, facilitate employees’ career and personal growth, and promote work-life balance among our workforce. Measures to enhance employee wellbeing include but not limited to:
- Provide to all employee competitive compensation and benefits packages, including parental leave, life, medical and dental insurance, parking permits and various corporate staff discounts;
- Deliver diversified training in supporting our employees to acquire the latest knowledge and skills;
- Maintain a safe workplace through our Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Policy and implement necessary preventive and mitigation measures for identified safety hazards;
- Promote a healthy lifestyle to our employees under the Employee Wellness Program;
- Conduct employee engagement survey to identify means to enhance employee wellbeing.
To safeguard the health of our tenants and their customers, we completed the upgrade of our air filtration system in all our properties in mainland China in 2019 under our Clean Air Initiative. In Hong Kong, we obtained the Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Certificates issued by the Environmental Protection Department for those properties with medical tenants, to demonstrate our commitment to their expectation of a healthy space for their business operations.