We aim to sustain a healthy, inclusive and safe environment for our employees and customers as well as promote wellbeing in our communities. Wellbeing is a broad concept which includes not only health and safety but also other positive attributes such as a sense of belonging, sense of security, adequate nourishment, peace of mind, feeling connected to the natural world, etc. We will strive to improve the wellbeing of our employees, customers and community members with careful attention to established and emerging international best practices in this domain.
Ensure employees, customers and communities enjoy an unrivalled environment that promotes their health and wellbeing.
- Assess wellbeing for all employees and key customers
- Meet or exceed wellbeing standards for new properties
- Work with youth on sustainability solutions in all cities where we have assets
25 x 25 Sustainability Targets
- Achieve an employee engagement rating greater than or equal to the 75th percentile
- Maintain Female-to-Male pay ratio of 1:1
- Conduct an audit of all our properties and corporate practices on how to enhance wellbeing and opportunities for persons with disabilities
- Obtain local or international health and wellness certification for all our existing Mainland properties
- Obtain WELL Gold certificate or equivalent for at least one new property in Hong Kong and mainland China
- Deliver priority ESG training targeted to all departments and seniority levels
- Maintain a Lost Time Injury Rate of 1.5 or below for employees
- Maintain zero work-related fatalities for employees and contractors
- Work with youth on wellbeing community initiatives at all properties by 2025
Recognizing that employee wellbeing can influence business performance significantly, we invest considerable resources to build a positive corporate culture, facilitate employees' career and personal growth, and promote work-life balance among our workforce. Measures to enhance employee wellbeing include but not limited to:
- Provide to all employee competitive compensation and benefits packages, including parental leave, life, medical and dental insurance, parking permits and various corporate staff discounts;
- Deliver diversified training in supporting our employees to acquire the latest knowledge and skills;
- Maintain a safe workplace through our Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Policy and implement necessary preventive and mitigation measures for identified safety hazards;
- Promote a healthy lifestyle to our employees under the Employee Wellness Program;
- Conduct employee engagement survey to identify means to enhance employee wellbeing.
To safeguard the health of our tenants and their customers, we completed the upgrade of our air filtration system in all our properties in mainland China in 2019 under our Clean Air Initiative. In Hong Kong, we obtained the Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Certificates issued by the Environmental Protection Department for those properties with medical tenants, to demonstrate our commitment to their expectation of a healthy space for their business operations.
Other than giving back to society by means of our community investment, we recognize that cultural conservation is vital for sustainability. We aim to strike a balance between conserving local heritage and adding vibrancy to local communities. We have carefully considered the planning, building and operations of our developments by restoring, preserving and integrating historical buildings into our project designs wherever possible. In recent years we conserved several historical buildings, please click here for more details.